I recently had the opportunity to visit San Francisco which was incredible. I half expected the city to be similar to Brighton or Hastings, but San Fran beats any seaside town I have visited in the UK. Everywhere you look there is opportunity for a Polaroid as well as the chance to experience something you can’t find anywhere else.
And if you’re ever in the area, make sure to jump on a ‘Big Bus’ tour and ask for Bobby as your guide. He is a walking Wikipedia about San Francisco and his banter mustn’t go a miss. He also inspired me to write this blog.
Without further ado, here are 10 things you must do when you visit San Francisco. I hope this post inspires you 🙂
- Roller-skate in the ‘Church of 8 Wheels’
- Look out for all six of Banksy’s artwork on display around the city
- Visit City Hall where Norma Jean aka Marilyn Monroe got hitched
- Skateboard down the infamous Lombard Street
- Ride a tram to Fisherman’s Wharf
- Spend the day at Alcatraz Federal Penitentiary
- Feeling dare-y? Why not interview a hippie?
- Climb a fire escape like Richard Gere in Pretty Woman
- Visit Shakespeare’s Garden at Golden Gate Park, which features every flower he ever wrote about. This garden is also a favourite spot for proposals
- Got 30-45 mins? Ditch the bus and walk the Golden Gate Bridge