Crumbly on the outside and chewy on the inside, these cookies are beyond delicious and super easy to make! I got the inspiration for this recipe from Nigella Lawson, but changed up the measurements slightly and added brown sugar.
Makes 14 medium sized cookies
2 tbsp Golden Syrup
200g Plain Flour
100g Caster Sugar
50g Brown Sugar
150-200g Shredded Coconut (down to preference)
3 tbsp approx of water (add as needed)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C and line a tray with baking parchment.
2. Mix together all of the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
3. In a saucepan, melt the butter over a medium heat and stir in the golden syrup. Continue to stir until well combined.
4. Add the mixture from the saucepan into the large bowl and stir until it forms together. I found using my hands a lot easier for this part.
5. Form balls with the cookie mixture and place spaced apart on the baking tray.
6. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.