It’s officially one week until Christmas! One week! Can you believe it? I’m still having summer blues.
I am actually really excited about today’s post as this will be my first ever YouTube video I have uploaded. I’ve been wanting to do YouTube for such a long time now, but let’s face it, it’s really scary. I actually vlogged a trip to my local garden centre with my friend the other day. It’s all been edited, I’m just waiting on some final details before uploading. But in the mean time I thought I’d upload a fun little Christmas DIY.
So, without further ado, here’s the method and link to create dried orange slices.
Happy Christmas 😘
- Preheat the oven to 120C
- Begin by thinly slicing oranges, (the thinner they are, the quicker they will dry).
I used three just incase any went badly or got burnt.
- Gently pat the slices with kitchen paper to remove excess juice.
- Place your orange slices on a baking tray and cook slowly for an hour.
If you have an oven/cooling rack use it instead to prevent sticking. You can also sprinkle icing sugar or gelatine powder here if you wish for an added shine.
- Next, turn each slice over and continue to cook for another 1-2 hours.
The key is to cook the orange slices slowly and on a low heat, checking them every half hour.
- Once the orange slices have dried, you can piece them and thread some colourful string through, or simply keep them whole.
- Decorate your house!