I absolutely love that I’m a summer baby. Despite living in the UK, 9 times out of 10 the sun will shine on your birthday and it just makes the day that extra special in my opinion. I also find it so much easier to plan something to do in July, and if not, a BBQ is never a bad last minute idea.
I recently came across an article in a glossy mag of ‘things you’d only understand if you were born in the summer’, and it really caught my attention as quite a few of the ‘things’ I could really relate to. So I basically wanted to write my own list of scenarios that I remember happening on my birthday growing up. Comment below though what season you were born in and if there’s any good, or perhaps annoying happenings that occur on your special day. Very curious to hear about autumn/winter birthdays.
1. Everyone’s away on your birthday
2. You never got your day in primary school
3. Parties often end up being a BBQ, as awesome as that is
4. Or you end up celebrating it while on holiday
5. You’re probably the youngest in your friendship group
6. Which meant you missed out on a few 18th celebrations
7. And were also the last one to learn how to drive
8. Growing up, parties were usually Hawaiian themed or featured a bouncy castle
9. Then as you got older, you had to start booking it off
10. Lastly, when it’s not the summer, most of us can’t stand the cold