On 13th February 2018 I set myself a little challenge. I wrote down a list of 25 things I wanted to do before I turned 25 on 26th July, and guess what? I did it!
It was my birthday a little over a week ago now and I celebrated by taking the day off work and heading to the beach for the day with my boyfriend. Then over that upcoming weekend I ironically did number three of this blog post and had a BBQ with family.
But what was on my bucket list? Here’s a semi-quick recap:
- Finish a book
- Sign up to something crazy/different
- Book a holiday or travel solo
- Get into shape
- Treat myself to something special
- Try a pole fitness class
- Drive somewhere new
- Catch up with an old friend
- Attempt to teach my cat a trick (this can be done)
- Practice guitar again
- Watch an old movie I’ve never seen before
- Watch an Audrey Hepburn movie
- Host a BBQ
- Treat myself to flowers
- Get involved in a pub quiz
- Learn to check Fia’s tyres and engine bits
- Enjoy a picnic – perhaps in the woods
- Buy a piece of art (Etsy)
- Learn first aid
- Have an unforgettable night
- Midnight drive or drive thru
- Visit a new beach
- Get a credit card
- Bake a rainbow cake
- Get a tattoo (Ekk!)
I managed to tick off over half of my list rather quickly, then just over a month before my birthday I reviewed what I had left. The most ‘difficult’ things I had left to complete were “get involved in a pub quiz” and “midnight drive or drive thru”. Luckily some of my girl friends were on hand to help out with the pub quiz, however it came to the last weekend before my birthday and I still hadn’t gone on a midnight drive. I remember sitting in bed with my boyfriend saying, why the hell would I think that driving around aimlessly would be a good idea when there’s a warm bed at home calling my name. So instead we slightly changed this to a midnight walk. Hope that’s not cheating… I did get a tattoo though which I never in a million years thought I’d be gutsey enough to do, so I guess that balances it out slightly, right?
Anyway, here’s a little something I’ve been working on for the past five months. Hope you like it.